Platform 1864Station Road
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Tain station was built and opened by the Inverness and Aberdeen Junction Railway in 1864, and at its height there were 30 staff. The station, and Far North Line, survived the Beeching cuts of the 60s, but passenger numbers fell resulting in the closure of the station buildings in June 1991, however the station remained open to passengers.
Under a co-funding initiative, locally trained Chef Graham Rooney converted the grade B listed building and opened it in November 2015.
A local school were invited to hold a competition, and the name "Platform 1864" was chosen.
Opens for breakfasts at 10, until late, but may close early if quiet. Both family and dog friendly, with music on Saturday evenings.
Beers are by "font" at the bar, but bottled beers are also available.
Tain Station is just over an hour by train from Inverness, with four trains travelling onward to Thurso / Wick Mon - Sat, with additional "commuter" trains starting in Tain morning and evenings on the same days. There is a much reduced service on a Sunday.